Starting February 25th it is time for another CrossFit open season. We are going to do everything we can to make it a fun event. Everyone can participate (yes even bootcampers). We will have teams again this year. Each coach will lead a team. Here is how it works:
1. You must sign up (http://games.crossfit.com) just go to the register tab and create your account if you're new. It cost $20. Choose CHG crossfit as your affiliate (CHG is before crossfit).
2. Once you sign up online, put your name on the sign up sheet at the box and give me your T-shirt size. We are going to have team shirts made that are different for each coach (color and team name). We need to know your size ASAP so we can pick names and get the order in before the open starts. The shirts are free for those whose sign up.
3. Each athlete will accumulate points that will be added to your total team points. I will breakdown the point system at a later date.
4. There will be prizes at the end of the open for the winning team.
5. We will have an open kickoff party on Thursday February 25th. The coach's will do 16.1 together. Save the date (7:15-9:00).
Side notes: We will make it fair for everyone. There will be scaled and Rx'd workouts. They will be equal in the point system so you won't get penalized for scaling (you may get an extra point for attempting Rx).
The point of doing the open this way is to promote camaraderie and a sense of community. Let's encourage one another to push ourselves just a bit harder.
If you have questions please ask me or any coach.